Systems Modelling Engineer
Modelling and Simulation is becoming integral to the design process of Landing Gear as the demands become increasingly complex as the industry moves towards the next generation of aircraft.
As part of the Landing Gear Modelling team, the successful candidate will work on multi-programme (all civil aircraft), multi-system (braking, steering, extension/retraction), multi component (gear, wheels, tyres, brakes), multi-disciplinary (avionics, hydro-mechanics, structure, loads, tests, A/C control and performance) activities.
You will be responsible for the development and integration of physical and avionic models and conducting model-based design studies to support the definition, validation and verification of requirements for Landing Gears and associated systems (braking, steering, extension /retraction).
The successful applicant will also have opportunities to contribute to the model based design strategy (MBSE) within Landing Gear, suggesting and demonstrating improvements to methods and modelling approaches.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
The primary duties of this role will include:
- Specifying, developing and maintaining models, tools and simulation platforms delivered to the Landing Gear Design Office
- Contributing to the development and wider deployment of Modelling and Simulation in the Landing Gear design, safety and Verification & Validation processes to support global A/C optimization through early stage architecture studies, prototyping and virtual testing
- Contribute to the development of multi-disciplinary and trans-national co-simulation capabilities (loads, hydraulics, electrics)
The core responsibility of this role is to provide models built within a number of simulation software packages including Matlab/Simulink, Amesim and MSC ADAMS together with supporting documentation.
The Modelling engineer will liaise with, support trans-national model users, design, integration, and test teams to agree on model content, delivery schedule.
They will also contribute to design prototyping, quick issue fixing or system/aircraft analysis.
Model development and modelling analyses will also need to be designed, executed and reported.
Skills & Knowledge required
You will need a background that includes:
- A relevant Engineering degree (Aerospace, Avionics, Systems, Physics or Mathematics background)
- Modelling packages and languages (such as Matlab-Simulink, MSC ADAMS, Amesim, SysML…)
- A good understanding of underlying physics (hydro-mechanical, multi-body dynamics, thermo-fluid), and the ability to apply them in the field of braking, steering, extension/retraction systems and wheels, tyres and brakes domain, would be a distinct advantage
- Strong communication skills to build effective relationships with both customers & AKKA team
- Negotiation level in English
- Innovative thinking
Benefits & Reward:
Excellent benefits including a generous company pension, private medical (cover for dependants) & income protection insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work and access to perkbox, an online platform providing discounts to leading UK brands.
AKKA is an engineering and technology consultancy group, which supports its clients to meet their technical and commercial challenges. We bring the power of a global capability and the unique position of being able to harness transnational flexibility whilst offering the benefit of a local presence with our clients. A truly integrated organisation, our business units work hand-in-hand to deliver complex international projects where the expertise of our consulting engineers has become a major asset for our clients.
With nearly 15,000 skilled employees and a solid presence in Europe, Asia, and North America, we have grown to become one of the world’s leading engineering consulting companies, with a strong focus on the mobility sectors of aerospace, automotive and rail. Our Bristol engineering centre works closely with some of the world’s leading aerospace companies in technical domains including aircraft systems, software, mechanical and manufacturing engineering. AKKA offers a range of fully-managed work packages in support of many of the world’s major civil and military aircraft programmes.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81472807