Project Mechanical Design Engineer
I am currently looking for a mechanical design project engineer to assist our client in the design and installation of baggage handling systems at Stansted Airport. This is a 3-6 month contract opportunity, however with several large scale projects currently ongoing, this client are willing to extend or take on permanently after the initial contract period.
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture and installation of airport baggage handling and HBS integration with major installations worldwide. They undertake complete system from single check in to complex multi-million pound automated systems, as well as system modifications like integration and upgrades. Products include but are not limited to baggage systems, carousels, check-in conveyor, plough, pusher and verti-Diverts
This role will be primarily based out of the clients Sheffield office but will include site visits to Stansted Airport to complete detailed site surveys.
Relevant experience must include:
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and its application in automation industrial designs including specification and motors.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in a team/ project environment.
- Efficiently organise and plan work tasks.
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and the ability the work in a high output environment.
- 5-10 years of AutoCAD experience.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience designing and/ or working on baggage handling systems or material handling systems in an automated environment.
The responsibilities of the mechanical design project engineer will include but not be limited too:
- Developing mechanical system design solutions based on engineering best practice.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve mechanical problems related to projects and minimise delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Work as part of the airport projects team.
- Ensure all relevant health and safety, and legal requirements are observed for all work completed on clients behalf.
- Support sales team in pre-sales design and technical support activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems as well as ensuring solution's are implemented accurately and in budget.
The accountability's of the successfully applicant will include but not be limited too:
- Analyse project requirements and preform technical calculations supporting design.
- Create and finalise designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate bill of materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Mechanical design of customised solutions including motor sizing.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Create customer documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Commission systems on-site where needed.
- Modifies systems upon customers request and documents the amendments accordingly.
- Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project managers and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Listening and responding to team and client requests.
- Running regular design team meetings and maintaining team activity and morale.
If this role sounds interesting to you please apply and a consultant will be in touch.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81465744