Network Infrastructure Engineer
Role: Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Central Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + benefits
Burns Sheehan is working with an eCommerce group headquartered in central Manchester to identify a talented Nework Infrastructure Engineer to join their burgeoning team. The business is on a strong financial footing and has big plans for 2018 and beyond. They are expanding globally, and this means their infrastructure team has a lot on its plate. To support this growth they are looking for a bright, creative, passionate technologist to join the team.
In addition to providing timely support to their existing network, you will be given an opportunity to drive greenfield projects and technological advancements within the business. They are driving a number of major projects this year and there will be plenty of exciting new tech involved. The company recently moved to a fantastic new office, equipped with all the tech and amenities you'd expect from a modern employer.
- Progression - the business is doing well and infrastructure will grow with it.
- Challenge - lots of greenfield work, including ambitious national and international expansion projects.
- Collaboration - modern open plan offices where you'll sit alongside the lead architect and the rest of the department.
- Flexibility - start earlier or later in a grown-up environment where you'll simply be trusted to do your job.
- Benefits - market leading benefits package with everything you would expect of a quality employer.
What can you bring?
- Beyond anything else, you must have a genuine passion for tech. Set up a network at home? Tell us about it!
- Ideally you will have worked within a fast-paced network environment - fintech, eCommerce, etc.
- Experience of managing customer facing web environments.
- Strong hands on knowledge of physical server installation and management.
- Good understanding of load balancing technologies within a busy network.
- Working knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions - ASA/Checkpoint/Juniper/Fortinet etc.
- Experience of Linux and Windows server administration.
- An in-depth understanding of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare & Citrix.
If this is something you need to know more about, click Apply and John from Burns Sheehan will be in touch!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81472835