6 months FTC
As an Investment Accountant you will provide a project accounting function to support the Delivery's capital programme.
Must have experience of operating financial systems preferably SAP; Excellent communication and influencing skills with attention to detail. Experience in a project accounting environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, Challenge & review of project expenditure with operational staff, tracking against governance procedures, providing detailed MI, experience of dealing with project risks and experience of cost challenge within a target cost environment, Awareness of financial implications related to business risk
Some travel will be required. Driving licence essential.
Behavioural Competencies / Leadership Qualities
Working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Strong negotiating and influencing skills and conflict resolution abilities
Ability to build working relationships across all levels of the organisation quickly and effectively
Clear accountability and ownership of workload
Recognised accountancy qualification ACCA, ACA, CIMA or demonstrate ability and experience to work at a professional level
- Advise & Challenge Project Engineers to ensure that project forecasts are at all times thorough and fully considered. Includes ensuring accuracy of actual costs and forecasts and that effective controls are in place
- Liaise & Review with project/contract teams to prepare and analyse the estimated costs at completion and impacts to current and future years
- Support audits where required including analysing of monthly cost reports, identifying and sourcing required justification of costs.
- Undertake trend analysis and monthly review of performance against Target Cost with Cost Assurance Teams & Project Engineer
- Challenge and advise on Budget variance analysis to Target costs with lead support from project/core teams with the preparation of control of change control submissions.
- Responsible for understanding and raising financial implications associated with project variations and risk
- Ensure that all documents that are required for the monthly Project Review Meetings are prepared in a timely manner and are fully reconciled
- Main point of contact for all queries regarding Project Finance, finance policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all ad-hoc project cost reporting as required by the project teams.
- Support Project managers with completion of Fixed Asset additions and Project Closures in line with management/governance requirements
- Liaising with internal and external auditors for all financial matters relating to Projects as required
- Advising on RIIO financial implications
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469260