Senior Engineer - Body Development
Randstad Engineering are currently looking for a Senior Engineer to join a prestigious OEM based in the West Midlands.
The purpose of this role is to identify, highlight and support the mitigation of significant failure modes using virtual and physical tools across a selection of body commodities, systems and attributes pre-tooling kick off. Ensure accurate and appropriate targets are an integral part of the product creation process for each programme, from concept to delivery, using a combination of experience, lessons learnt, benchmarking and an awareness of relevant industry research/best practice
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Active involvement in engineering design from target setting through development to sign-off
- Support design reviews for body components, systems and attributes
- Work with component owners to define high level requirements, load cases and acceptance criteria
- CAD based failure mode detection
- Develop corrective solutions
- Generate new concept ideas
- Update and create target documents and test methods
- Active involvement refining correlation between virtual and physical systems/targets
- Support component, sub-system, system and whole vehicle test analysis
- Communicate research results and support technical reviews
- Write reports, presentations and deviations
- Prepare design briefs for pre-prototype/development parts
- Raise engineering concerns
- Undertake benchmarking activities to support design and target setting
- Design of test rigs/physical bucks
- Maintain and update Design Verification Plans across Body Engineering systems
- Identify opportunities to increase detailed technical knowledge within Body Engineering
- Support commodity development across the wider business as applicable
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Previous experience of Product Development beneficial
- Experience of using Team Centre and Vis Mock-up advantageous (though not essential)
- Experience in Automotive industry desirable (although other disciplines will be considered)
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data, spot trends, anomalies and outliers
- Broad understanding of vehicle architecture and manufacturing processes
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand/balance engineering risk and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467606