FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
We are delighted to be able to support our Client, a Global Manufacturer, with their search for a Senior Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner. This role will be based at our Client's offices in South Manchester.
You will be part of a Business Control team of 4 and you will sit as part of a Business Unit in a designated geographical region (either Manchester or the Midlands.) If you take ownership for the Midlands, it is anticipated that you will travel there 1-2 days per month. You will be instrumental in building Stakeholder relationships and business partnering with non-finance functions. Longer term, it is envisaged that you will become a "mini FD" for your site.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company with a long trading history which also offers great career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Communicating financial figures & Business Partnering with Non-Finance people
- Working within the Business Control Team on areas including Sales & Orders, Rebates, Costing, Manufacturing margin, Customer & Product profitability, Inventory, Variance Analysis, Capital Expenditure, Budgets, KPI's, declarations, forecasts and reporting to ensure that Group, Statutory & Audit requirements are met
- Ensuring compliance to SOX controls & processes
- Ensuring business transactions are accounted for correctly and that all financial impacts / implications are recognised
- Supporting the Site Director in preparing the full forecast & budget process for their site so that this information can be presented to the Business Controller, MD & FD
- Preparing & issuing accurate & timely monthly management reports
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Ideally a Qualified Accountant
- Ability to gain credibility and communicate effectively with the wider, non-finance business
- Ideally Commercial experience gained in a Manufacturing environment. Good business acumen.
- Strong Excel & data manipulation skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems, preferably with costing / ERP experience
- Excellent analytical & reporting skills
- Strong personal drive with an ability to make things happen & see things through to completion
- Tenacious problem solver with determination to identify, flag & explain root causes of problems & make necessary recommendations
- Good team player
- High attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work, both proactive & reactive
This role is paying a salary of up to £42,000 + Pension (4% Employer, 4% Employee) + Life Assurance + 25 days holiday + Christmas shutdown.
Your hours of work will be 8:30 - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30 - 3:30pm on Fridays.
My Client ideally wants someone to start ASAP however they will wait for the right candidate. They can interview immediately. Therefore, if you're interested in this role, please send me your CV by 5:30pm on Wednesday 23rd May.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468280