Senior Audit Manager, Operational Risk Management
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The team provide independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
In this role, you will:
- Participate / undertake operational risk framework and corporate substainability risk audit activities
- Support the Senior Auditor with initiating and leading the delivery of audits, some major and/or highly complex, based on the critical assessment of the business, and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks
- Use data, design metrics and testing for continuous monitoring and automated audit / data analytics approaches, including multi metrics / variables
- Drive the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the Global Businesses and Global Functions
- Engage with and provide strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks
- Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables
- Play an integral role in annual as well as ongoing audit planning
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- University degree and relevant professional qualification with a minimum of 3-5 years banking or financial services experience
- Good knowledge and experience of operational risk management frameworks within a financial services environment
- Understanding of various operational risk capital management approaches
- Good understanding of risk and control concepts with audit experience
- Prior experience of data analytics preferred (in either business, risk management of audit role), including tools such as SAS, QlikView, Tableau, SQL
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capable of working on own initiative and participating effectively in a team environment to achieve high
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000ASFI
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466083