Part Time Accounts Controller - 20 hrs, 4 hrs per day
The Automatic Vending Association (AVA) is the trade association for the £1.85bn refreshment vending industry. Their members represent all sectors of the industry; manufacturers and distributors of machines and components, commodity suppliers and operators (who site, clean and fill machines). Main activities include representing the vending industry to Government and opinion formers, lobbying on key issues to protect members' interests and raising standards. The AVA logo is the mark of quality and members work to a strict code of conduct and quality standard.
Key Area: Accounts/Bookkeeping
To maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the following areas in addition to the preparation of VAT returns, Management Accounts and budgets:
- Balance Accounts
- Process Sales Invoices, receipts and payments
- Credit control
- Cash book
- Bank reconciliation
- Assist in the preparation of the Profit & Loss sheets for the annual accounts
- VAT Returns
- Management Accounts and budgets.
- Petty Cash
- Close liaison with the AVA's accountants in order to provide timely, accurate financial data in the appropriate format.
- Work with the CEO, and the complete team to create management budgets for the year on a month by month basis
Key Area: M.I
To provide accurate and timely financial information on a regular basis or as required on an ad hoc basis to:-
- The CEO
- Other colleagues.
- Accountants and Auditors
Key Area: Coordination of Organisation Compliance and Policy Renewals
To maintain the appropriate and accurate records relating to the AVA's compliance obligations and essential documentation and trademarks and manage the process to ensure that deadlines are met in the following areas:-
- Data Protection
- Health and Safety
- Company Hand Book
To ensure that insurance policies due for renewal are checked against the market for the most competitive options and to present the proposals to the CEO for approval.
Key Area: Support to the CEO, AVA Board and Team
The provision of timely administrative support when required for the CEO, the Board and the wider AVA team.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, mainly financial/accounting information, in preparation for Board Meetings and as defined and required by the CEO.
- Assist the CEO with the preparation and distribution of Board papers as required by the CEO - shared with the Membership & Quality Controller.
- Assist with the EVA interface and work with NAS in liaison with the CEO and prepare lobbying papers - shared with the Membership & Quality Controller.
- Maintaining the office diary and Staff Holiday/Pension and Benefit Scheme Records and liaising with individuals and scheme providers when required
- Answer office phones
- Maintain own records and filing systems in an accessible and user-friendly way
- Sort incoming mail and distribute accordingly and deal with general mail - shared with the Membership & Quality Controller on a rota basis
- Provide cover for other team members
- Assist in the induction and training of new staff members
Key Area: General Requirements
To comply with and maintain AVA standards and requirements at all times in respect of:
- General Data Protection and Confidentiality
- Health and Safety procedures
- Treating colleagues, the CEO, the Board, and AVA Members with fairness and respect
- Upholding AVA Customer Service standards.
- Complying with AVA rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Being willing to attend required training for the job and general team training events.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of SAGE Line 50
- Experience of working within finance and accounts for a few years
- Book keeping qualification such as AAT level 3 or qualified by experience
- Experience of accurate preparation VAT returns, budgets + management accounts to deadline.
- Experience of business and financial monitoring.
- Office admin/telephone phone customer service experience.
- Understanding and use of social media for business.
- Experience or understanding of a trade association
- Excellent financial and numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy.
- Able to work quickly and accurately (often with interruptions).
- Highly organised and calm individual with proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines without prompting - essential that payroll, accounts and VAT returns are completed on time.
- Excellent, confident interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative without prompting to manage own job requirements and workload but also comfortable working as part of a team.
- Highly confident, self-sufficient IT user able to use Microsoft Office software and web content management systems
- Demonstrable commitment to learning and development.
- Flexible attitude and 'can do' approach.
- Excellent Salary
- On site parking
- Modern Offices
- Hours to fit in around school
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Pratap receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466264