Business Intelligence Developer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing challanger Bank based in Reading (Berkshire) on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be assigned to the MIS team to maintain and help evolve the organisation's data delivery and reporting with a focus on implementing best practices and adhering to bank standards. Candidates must have full project lifecycle experience from dimensional modelling through to OLAP cubes and supporting end-user reporting.
The BI Developer will build and maintain BI infrastructure, artefacts and objects, documentation, unit testing and provide guidance to other team members and business users. The daily activities for this position include the design, development, documentation and debugging of data warehouse objects, ETL packages, OLAP cubes and reporting solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, build and manage dimensionally-modelled data warehouse.
- Work with the Data Architect and MI team to create robust, best-practice driven data warehouse designs and ETL strategies.
- Minimise duplication of data, ETL and logic to achieve the 'single source of the truth'.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand overall system impacts while focusing on specific user requirements.
- Maximise the timely availability of management information.
- Adhere to the Bank's Data Standards.
- Advise business users on best methods of accessing warehouse resources and assist with the design of efficient reporting solutions.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
- Apply best practice approaches to assigned deliverables
- Participate in team discussions on a range of areas (quality, design, standards, peer reviews)
- Act as an evangelist for Management Information and delivering high quality outcomes
Job Context and Special Features
Role can work across the organisation and may be required to travel to any other office location to perform the role.
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
- ETL frameworks
- ETL design and development, preferable within SSIS
- Advanced Analysis Services experience including MDX scripting, partitioning and aggregations
- Front-end reporting including SSRS, Power BI and SharePoint/PerformancePoint
- Kimball dimensional modelling and DW methodology
- Experience of .Net within SQL Server, Analysis Services and Integration Services (VB.net/C#)
This is fatanstic opportunity that will go quickly so please apply straight away!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468196