At Study Group we rely heavily on development of our IT in order to operate in a complex, fast paced and competitive marketplace. That’s why we’ve decided to invest in this newly created role, to be based at our offices in central Brighton.
Reporting to the Digital Delivery Team Leader, the Senior Developer is a specialist technical role within the Global IT team. The job maintains and enhances a range of websites, applications and services in the StudyGroup IT environment. The Senior Developer collaborates with other developers, Business Analysts, Marketing professionals and 3rd Party specialists to deliver the digital solutions we need to drive engagement with students, partners and key stakeholders.
What does the job actually involve?
In this job you will:
- Maintain and support existing websites and applications
- Design and develop new websites, applications, and services
- Extend and develop integrations between web applications, Sitecore CMS, Salesforce CRM, and a variety of other applications and services
- Maintain system usability, perform upgrades and improve efficiency by taking advantage of new features released by Sitecore, Salesforce, Microsoft, and other platform vendors
- Deliver or assist in projects as agreed with the Steering Group and Change Control Board
- Capture and document both functional and technical requirements
- Produce high quality software meeting the needs of the business
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Deliver software to agreed timeframes and quality benchmarks
- Document solutions and maintenance processes
You’ll need to be a strong communicator, with a customer service ethic and a pragmatic approach to design.
Why should I want the job?
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 Pathway Company of the Year*. We’re a complex, ever evolving business, and we believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! The job offers plenty of variety. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
What skills will I need for the job?
- Broad experience of the full software development cycle (with a particular focus on back end development.)
- Experience of developing and delivering solutions to deadline and budget, using a combination of in-house and off the shelf software.
- Excellent skills in software development – particularly .Net, but the following would also be optimal:
- SQL, MS SQL Server
- Software prototyping
If you’re conversant in at least some of the following technologies, it would be a definite advantage:
- Experience of enterprise grade CMS, in particular Sitecore 8+
- jQuery, Knockout.js, Underscore.js, Bootstrap framework
- Salesforce, Salesforce API
- Online payment systems, Global Collect API
- Git, TFS
- Continuous deployment (Octopus deploy), continuous integration (Team City)
- Systems integration and data transformation
- RabbitMQ messaging broker
- Dell Boomi integration platform as a service
*Education Investor Awards 2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81472043