Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking an enthusiastic degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a growing systems engineering team. The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working on large scale projects with opportunities to advance their career in the field of systems engineering.
- Definition and management of system level requirements;
- Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Experience of managing system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements;
- Produce and support adjacent functions in the definition of system and equipment specifications.
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
- Experience of managing technical queries and the engineering change management process;
- Collaborate with other business functions to produce and review engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures
- Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
- Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead.
- Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
The following are desirable attributes for the role:
- Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectural frameworks;
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- To "fill gaps" in the engineering team by quickly understanding wider engineering areas (outside of specialism) to support design and understand engineering strategies - EMC, Safety, ILS, etc.;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years' experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS is essential; System Architect or Rhapsody would be beneficial);
- Knowledge of marine systems engineering would be beneficial but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466603