EMC Principal Engineer (Automotive)
Our client provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. They are looking for a Principal Engineer - EMC (Electro-magnetic compatibility) to join their team on a permanent basis located in Bedfordshire offering a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
The role reports in to the Director - Programmes and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all EMC test activities. They will be knowledgeable in the EMC subject and able to recommend solutions to customers and test partners alike. This will include development of the services on offer to both an existing and a new customer base whilst providing support and guidance on current activities.
* Manage delivery of EMC test services to customer base
* Liaise with Government and Commercial providers of EMC testing and trials
* Act as advisor and consultant on EMC testing strategy and activities
* Provide technical advice to customers, BU manager and Commercial team
* Provide technical guidance, support and training to test engineers
* Review EMC control plans, risk registers, test plans and test reports provided by customers and suppliers
* Remain knowledgeable of applicable EMC legislation in both the Civilian and Military domains
* Propose and document investment opportunities in the field of EMC
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree qualification.
* Experience in the automotive industry with a demonstrated capability in the field of Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
* Evidence of previous vehicle and/or subsystem EMC test and development work
* Proven records of delivering projects on time and within budget
* A solid understanding of fundamental EMC theory and vehicle electrical power supply
* Knowledge and experience of EMC and Power supply test methodology
* Project management skills
* A good working knowledge of EMC mitigation strategy and problem resolution techniques for both radiated emissions, susceptibility and mutual interference
* Flexible Team player who can work well under pressure
* Pragmatic and can show initiative
* Sound interpersonal skills
* Flexibility to travel across UK and to US and Europe as and when required
* Full UK driving licence
* SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years) ; May need DV for military work
* Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469802