Our client is one of Europe's leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies. They are looking for Portable Emissions Measurement Engineer (PEMS) to join their dynamic engineering team within the Powertrain Vehicle Test group based near Bedford. This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of emission and fuel consumption testing from an engineering perspective. This will include, liaising with the client, working with the technicians to deliver the project, overseeing the vehicle preparation, equipment installation, testing, and then formulating and validating test results into data packs and test reports. All testing will be performed using one of company's PEMS units and will take place either within the proving ground, on local public roads or at locations as defined by our clients.
* Engineering PEMS testing projects for a wide variety of customers.
* Performing a variety of tests on tracks, on public roads and on chassis dynamometers driving to various cycles.
* Working with other engineers to design test and timing plans.
* To liaise with the client to ensure the project is delivered to their expectations.
* Liaise with Powertrain technicians to ensure they know what they are doing and why to allow them to perform the testing.
* Collating test results from various logging equipment and validating for approval.
* To be conversant with the appropriate testing Regulations and look for improvements and manage change appropriately.
* Developing improved systems of work and data handling and manipulation.
* Working to high quality standards and health & safety procedures.
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times
* Some working off site, staying overnight in UK and Europe.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* Automotive Engineering Degree is highly desired
* Experience in Powertrain vehicle testing and development
* Relevant experience of vehicle emissions and fuel economy testing on chassis dynamometer or with PEMS
* Relevant experience of testing vehicles for impacts on emissions and fuel economy
* Experience of emissions Regulations
* Experience of chassis dynamometer or PEMS emissions and fuel economy testing
* Good project management
* Good problem solving ability
* Analysing and compiling technical data
* Knowledge of engine, exhaust after-treatment and emissions
* Liaising with customers and building relationships
* The ability to work from and create procedures
* Knowledge of office based programmes. Any CAN, data logging, ETAS INCA experience is beneficial
* Good communication skills with flexible approach to work
* Adheres to all health and safety requirements
* Customer focused
* Detail and quality focused
* Comfortable working in teams and individually
* Be conscientious, reliable and punctual
* Flexibility to travel as and when required
* Full UK driving license
* SC clearance or ability to achieve this
* Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469745