Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, growing organisation in Reigate, Surrey.
Due to expansion, my client are looking to add a Java Developer to their Technology Department. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of application and system enhancement.
Working alongside the Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to embark on new project work. This is an opportunity to work with passionate and driven developers in a collaborative and dynamic Agile environment.
- Develop a variety of systems using Java and JVM based technologies, translating design specifications into software components from the ground up
- Design, develop and deploy different components with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability in distributed environment
- Work closely with agile team members to collaborate and influence new development
- Share technical expertise with the team as a developer and mentor
- Expert in Java 8+
- Extensive experience creating REST APIs using Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Messaging tools such as RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ - Desirable
- Use of Docker
- Experience working with a cloud platform. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of a Database technology. Relational or NoSQL
- Exhibits drive and initiative to learn
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
- An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, continuous delivery
- 35 hour working week - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretional bonus
- Discount from high street retailers
- Childcare Vouchers
- 15% on rail travel with Southern
- 20% discount for single and return bus journey on certain routes
Please note that this role based in Reigate, Surrey. Please only apply if you are willing to travel to that location. When sending your CV, please ensure it is up to date and sent in word format.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81470132