Lead Teacher - Teaching and Learning
Position:Lead Teacher – Teaching and Learning
Salary: £36,781.00 per annum
Location: Surbiton, Surrey
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: PermanentAn opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and passionate Teacher to join our Education Team.All applicants must be able to demonstrate they are effective classroom practitioners and caring, committed individuals who enjoy team work and teaching young people with SLD, ASD and Challenging Behaviour. Kisimul School is an Independent Special School, supported by residential children’s homes. As well as working alongside an experienced pool of teaching colleagues and assistants, you will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team of Psychology, Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy. Allied to this, is the opportunity to work in a first class environment, tailored specifically to the needs of these unique young people. A cyclical internal / external training programme, including comprehensive induction, provides ongoing CPD and opportunity for further progression within the Kisimul Group of Schools. This is a challenging, rewarding and unique place to work. The school has a deserved reputation for ensuring positive outcomes for complex learners, who have often used their challenging behaviour as a basis for communication prior to placement. Through detailed multi-disciplinary assessment, and using evidence-based teaching approaches, Kisimul strives to get young people re-engaged with learning, and now has over 20 Local Authorities with active placements at the school.Successful applicants will hold an accredited formal Teaching Qualification (either QTS or QTLS or equivalent). Knowledge of all/some of the following is desirable: Teaching and Learning for pupils with SLD and / or ASD, National Curriculum/Accreditation, SEN pedagogy, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities & Diversity. Equally considered and valued, is a positive and solution-focused mentality, and Kisimul considers applications from candidates with a wide range of experience.
Key Responsibilities:To assist the Head Teacher in the daily running of the school, helping to provide a safe, stable and stimulating environment for teaching and learning. To assist in maintaining a broad and balanced functional and vocational curriculum that will equip the students with skills for life and enable both students and staff to achieve their highest potential.To support in the improvements of Teaching and Learning.Additional Duties to those of Class Teacher
- Assist in the daily running of the school, including keeping and monitoring of the pupil attendance register and following up on concerns.
- Support in the deployment of residential support and school staff to best advantage, ensuring adequate levels of staffing in each class.
- Support new teacher induction. Ensure that new members of staff receive an effective period of induction.
- Support teachers who are on support plans to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- To be responsible for ensuring that a good standard of presentation of displays is maintained within the school and that the school is always looking presentable for our pupils, our visitors and ourselves.
- Take responsibility for leading on areas of the school development plan involving Teaching and Learning
- Quality Assurance of ILPs, teacher planning, Annual Review reports, ECHP paperwork and timetables.
- Take responsibility for leading on areas of assessment, particularly with respect to KAPTURE.
- Assist Assistant Heads in QA of ILPs, planning and curriculum.
- Take responsibility for the Cultural calendar.
- Schedule and chair regular pupil progress meetings with teachers.
- Performance management of teachers, including probationary reviews, PDRs and observation of lessons.
- Support in the management of parental queries and concerns.
- Provide visible support within classrooms, supporting classes where required.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be expected from the Head Teacher
- Provide support to the Head Teacher as part of the Kisimul School Leadership group.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81470465