Senior Network Engineer
Data Centre Migration Security Zoning Load Balancers F5 Reverse Proxy (Checkpoint)
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: Milton Keynes - Potential for travel
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 3 Months Plus
Job Rate: £500 per day
Senior Network Engineer required for a challenging Data Centre Transformation project (migration from incumbent to new provider) as well as assisting in BAU activity within the overall organisational network infrastructure space.
The Network Engineer will report directly to the Group IT Data Centre Transformation Infrastructure Project Manager.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Requesting firewall and proxy changes
* Assisting with L2LVPN orders and submitting them to the 3rd party
* Liaising with 3rd parties to collect technical information
* Acting as an initial point of contact to field and screen technical queries that come in to the project team.
* Providing support and troubleshooting assistance to various application and regional contacts
* Act as subject matter expert for the networking space.
* Work closely with the Data Centre Programme team members to ensure programme requirements are understood and delivered upon.
* Work closely with the Operations teams to ensure project activity is transitioned into an operational state.
* Work closely with external partners to ensure delivery is aligned to project timescales
Qualifications & Experience:
CISCO - CCIE/CCNP upwards
* The candidate must have experience working with external suppliers who provide a managed network service
* Experience of managing/working with multiple vendors on a project is essential
* The candidate needs to have a solid understanding of the technical elements and will need to get involved in determining current state to compare to future state from a Data Centre perspective
* The right candidate is required to have a good understanding of networking (Lan/Wifi, firewall rules, Routing, NAT, MPLS/BGP/VRF, VPN's, web proxy and load balancing).
* Any experience with F5, Fortigate, Infoblox or Riverbed Cascade is extremely desirable
If you are an experienced Network Engineer with an outstanding track record of taking a hands on approach to facilitiating Data Centre Migrations then I would like to see your CV urgently.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81471291