Digital Test Lead - Public Sector
Digital Test Lead - Public Sector
We are seeking a Digital Test Lead - Public Sector with experience the below requirements. The initial contract runs until mid-October 2018 and you will be working for a Public Sector organisation based in Bristol.
You must have or be eligible to apply for BPSS Clearance for this role.
Daily rate: Up to £700
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
- 70% Service Validation and Testing
- Provide and instil 'confidence' that a release will create a new or changed service that delivers the expected outcomes and value for the customers within the projected costs, capabilities and constraints
- Ensure the team delivers quality assurance of releases, their constituent service components, the resultant services and service capability. Ensure releases are positive experiences for internal and external stakeholders/users
- Hold senior accountability for management and leadership of the robustness of the Testing and Readiness services are 'fit for purpose' and will deliver the required outcomes for DVSA
- Ensure that the customers and stakeholders requirements are correctly defined and any errors or variances are remedied early in the service lifecycle to reduce costs of non-conformity
- Ensure the planning and implementing of a structured validation and testing process that provides objective evidence that the new or changed service will support the customers' requirements.
- Ensure that validation and testing include agreed service levels thus allowing assurance that releases are fit for purpose and will have a positive outcome for customers and stakeholders
- Identify, assess and manage risks, issues and errors throughout service transition 20% Change Evaluation
- Deal directly with stakeholders setting their expectations correctly and provide effective and accurate information to make sure that changes which adversely affect service capability and introduce risk, are not transitioned unchecked
- Oversee the evaluation of the planned outcomes of all service changes and provide the senior stakeholders with an overview of implementation but also an assessment of potential risks to service and mitigating actions
- Provide thorough, quality outputs so that DS&T and the senior stakeholder members can expedite an effective decision about whether or not a service change is to be authorised and progressed 10% Leadership and Management responsibilities
- Line manages two Service Testing and Readiness Managers [HEO] and a total team of eight and also coordinates other testing resource as required
- Delivers leadership responsibilities effectively, working with, leading and acting as a role model for other team members and DS&T colleagues
- Reports directly to the Head of Introduction and Design (Gd 7)
- Team leadership responsibility for a team of 4 EO and 2 AO and direct line management for two Service Testing and Readiness Manager HEO
- Works closely with the System Owners and stakeholders to develop change evaluation criteria
- Develops key System Readiness and Change Evaluation processes with internal and external suppliers and DS&T Stakeholders
- Evidence of managing services across ITIL lifecycle
- Evidence of service testing and validation
- Evidence of service change evaluation Experienced in the development of operation processes, using appropriate tools and techniques
The Senior Service Testing and Readiness Manager ensure that a new or changed IT service matches its design specification and will meet the needs of the business. The role holder provides a consistent and standardised means of determining the performance of a service change in the context of likely impacts on business outcomes, through leadership of the testing and readiness assessment service in D&ST The role holder directly manages Service Testing and Readiness Managers [HEO] and a total team of eight and also coordinates other testing resource as required.
Testing: Determines testing policy, and owns the supporting processes including software security testing. Takes responsibility for the management of all testing activities within a development or integration project or programme. Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable. Assesses and advises on the practicality of testing process alternatives, including automated testing. Initiates improvements to test processes and directs their implementation. Assesses suppliers' development and testing capabilities. Determines project testing standards for all phases,
If you are considering a move from your current role please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Bhavit Panchmatia on 01793 437287 or
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81471015