Senior Test Engineer BDD SpeckFlow Cucumber
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst will carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for all product developments, enhancements and fixes for our software, which will include release and system testing with usage of automation. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the quality of our software is maintained at the highest possible levels, increasing the satisfaction of customers and reducing the number of issues using automated technologies.
- Work as part of an agile software development team, ensuring high quality software releases.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artefacts like test data, data validation scripts, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Establish good testing practices and strategies.
- Establish the use of automated test technologies on projects wherever suitable
- Hold and facilitate test plan and test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues and escalate them to management where necessary
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional requirements and design specifications
- Create, execute and report on manual and automated test execution.
- Work independently on projects.
- A passion for delivering quality software focusing on excellent user experience and high fidelity to visual design
- Expertise in user interface testing including designing and creating automated frameworks using Selenium or similar tools. Any knowledge of BrowserStack or similar tools would be an advantage
- Automation in C# or Java using Visual Studio IDE or Eclipse
- Experience of using BDD tools such as SpecFlow or Cucumber
- Knowledge of TeamCity, Git, Stash and other similar tools
- Skilled at creating clear, concise, detail oriented test plans and test cases
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Experience of using test management tools such as Zephyr and JIRA
- Query SQL and other databases for testing
- Ability to both lead and participate in the User Acceptance Testing
- Exposure to testing APIs manually or through automated tests
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with external/internal stakeholders both written and verbally
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464033