A fantastic opportunity for an Application Developer to join a growing London Market insurer and work on a number of exciting greenfield projects including building and enhancing a new intranet site which will pull together all companies reporting needs into one place.
The ideal candidate would be a Microsoft .Net Web Developer with a number of years' experience who wants to expand their existing SQL knowledge into the BI space. They would have excellent problem solving skills and are able to trace an issues through the different software stacks mapping out the relevant dependencies where needed. An eagerness to learn new technologies is beneficial.
Key Skills / Experience
- Expert level experience with working with SQL server (2012+), writing queries, designing tables, writing stored procedures etc.
- Expert experience with Visual Studio, .Net and C# (version 4 minimum).
- Experience with Web service interoperability (RESTful services, WSDL, XSD/XML)
- 3+ years of commercial experience.
- Positive and proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Experience working with source control, deployment / builds, backlog and task management (TFS or git preferred).
Nice to have Skills
- Desire to learn SQL Server BI, ETL & Data Warehousing concepts and technologies.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of TDD with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Knowledge of IIS configuration, troubleshooting & tuning.
- Power shell scripting experience.
- Experience working in AGILE teams.
- Insurance Industry knowledge (London market preferred).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in face-to-face discussions with Business Analysts & the wider business community. This would also be evident in conference calls and email/IM.
- Enjoys working in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Is able to adapt to new challenges, learning new skills and taking on extra responsibilities where needed.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81470678