Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an industry leading automated handling solutions business operating for over 40 years. Competitive salary and employee benefits available.
- Using AutoCAD and similar programs to design various material handling equipment such as conveyors, hoists, shuttle cars etc.
- Carrying out a design function including all of the material stress calculations (manual and FEA) to correctly identify steel sections
- Calculate time cycles for equipment and systems to ensure the equipment and system meets the throughput required by the customer's specification.
- Carry out Motor and power calculations for various equipment.
- Prepare proposals and provide estimates and technical specifications of engineering work for proposals and tenders, then preparing an estimate in advance of tender submission. Other parties within the organisation will assist as necessary.
- Detailing mechanical drawings, however dependant on other commitments these may be subcontracted for detailing.
- Working within a dedicated team, however there may be the requirement to move between departments as required
- Presenting projects both internally and to clients as required
- Liaising with both customers and subcontractors regarding ongoing projects, including site surveys
- The ability to develop and carryout manual structural and mechanical component calculations for items under design.
- Must be able to understand the principles of conveyor automation. In depth electrical knowledge is not essential however the ability to understand sufficiently to be able to liaise with electrical subcontractors is mandatory
- Previous working experience within an automated solutions design position is essential
- A good understanding of the automotive manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential
- Commercially aware - Expected to deal with the financial and commercial aspects of projects as well as the technical and creative issues.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Live cover
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81462922