Field Sales Engineer
Our client who is a well-respected manufacturer of advanced instrumentation, electro-mechanical sensors and software are looking for a Field Sales Engineer. This is a permanent, field-based role offering competitive salary, bonus, company car and benefits package.
Our client's representation worldwide with 60 years development experience is a world leader in this field. With their office based in South England, its main markets are currently automotive, aerospace, energy, industrial and weighing technology. The post holder will directly contribute to the continued success of the UK team covering the UK primarily in the South and reporting directly to the North West Europe Sales Manager. The role holder is field-based and will be required to travel mainly South and on occasion other parts of the UK for focus accounts, with limited European travel.
* Visiting potential/existing customers and generating enquiries through professional sales techniques using a consultative approach to get to customer concepts.
* Demonstrating the unique strengths of working with using appropriate hardware and information and materials.
* Prospecting for new clients.
* Preparing quotations using CRM and price lists.
* Preparing more detailed proposals against tender specifications.
* Providing feedback to the company in the form of reports and forecasts.
* Actively contributing during departmental meetings.
* Involvement in promotional and marketing activities in assigned geographical area.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Sales experience in dealing with engineering systems or high value component sales is essential
* Degree level in an Engineering discipline (desirable) or significant relevant experience with an ability and willingness to learn and develop.
* Experience in selling data acquisition systems, sensors and solutions for mobile and remote applications in the transport/off highway and military industries (beneficial)
* Energetic and enthusiastic
* Comfortable using standard office tools - Excel, Word and PowerPoint, etc.
* Good communication skills are essential, as product and company presentations to customer groups of up to 20 people will be required.
* Desire to become a respected and senior member of the UK sales force.
* Willingness to travel as required.
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469659