Subject Matter Expert -Body Engineering, Climate Control Fluid Systems
Our high profile client in the automotive industry is currently looking to recruit a ‘Subject Matter Expert' to work at their busy site in Gaydon in the West Midlands.Position Description:
- To be part of the Climate Control Core Team, supporting the programme delivery teams to roll out new and enhanced Under bonnet Climate Control Components across the various vehicle build programmes.
- Subject Matter Experts are the key fact holders within the business for a commodity or group of commodities.
- They are responsible for applying learning and developing the future direction of their commodities, maintaining good alignment to business behaviours and striving to provide a high quality service to customers.
- For this role the SME will be creating and maintaining design standards, design rules, specifications and requirements for the Under bonnet Climate Control Group.
- They will also be providing direction and guidance as required on legal requirements and compliance to the relevant directives
- Ability to create clear, concise, specifications and procedures in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate a logical and methodical approach and be able to get to grips with new technologies quickly
- Good communication skills required to explain key HVAC Engineering principles to team members
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience developing/specifying HVAC Systems
- Good organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Good PS skills i.e MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and MS Excel
- Experience in the Automotive industry
- Past experience writing specifications and procedures
- Good understanding of Electronics Engineering
- Good understanding of automotive processes and procedures
- Good understanding of Quality metrics, PAWS/AIMS processes preferable but not essential Constructive collaborative work experience with people of different cultures preferable
- Role will be primarily Gaydon based but may involve visits to other West Midlands based sites
- Any person supplied should have a valid UK driving licence and meet the medical requirements of facilities
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted
*All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship or restriction
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468523