This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Scala Developer to work with a global technology company that develops applications for 18 of the top 25 pharmaceutical organisations in the world.
You will work on their next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications, deployed on AWS and you will play a lead role in developing their new platform. Their philosophy here is that if you demonstrate the right team focus and proactive attitude, on the back of a solid foundation in application engineering, we will train and invest in you to develop your experience in our platform technologies.
As a Senior Applications Engineer - you would
- Design, develop and manage software application using the engineering principles.
- Work with architects and other engineers and contribute actively to system architecture and design decisions.
- Implement and advocate good engineering practices for co-located and remote teams.
- Actively engage in code reviews to improve code quality and promote TDD/BDD approach
- Mentor junior engineers.
What they are looking for in you:
- Thorough understanding of Object oriented and functional programming styles.
- Experience working in a enterprise setting on JVM languages like Scala, Java 8.
- Working experience in relational databases.
- Working experience of developing applications using TDD, BDD.
- Strong understanding of REST API Design, discovery, documentation and management.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Travis, Jenkins
- Good knowledge of git and git-flow
- Knowledge of authentication, authorisation of services
- Some experience with queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
- Experience with web-servers, load balancers and firewalls
- Decent understanding of the UI tech stack like Node.js, React, Redux, Webpack
- Docker, AWS concepts
- Experience to work in a fast paced environment with Scrum/Agile project methodology.
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong written and oral communication skills
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience
If you can relate to the above skills and experience and are interested in working with a truly world class organisation, please get in touch with your CV!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468511