IT Systems Manager, Welwyn Garden City, £50-60K
IT Systems Manager
4x Salary Life Cover
50% Personal Private Health
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Interviews to commence next week!
The role is a blend of hands-on development, leadership of the IT team and strategy.
You will deliver all Application and Software solutions, ensuring user needs are understood and met, and that systems are secure, up to date and meet service level requirements.
You'll work closely with internal stakeholders to analyse requirements and write development specifications to deliver projects, developments and bug fixes.
The development of the systems is a mixture of in house development and use of outsourced suppliers. You will manage the links to external developers and partners to ensure cost effective and timely solutions. Hands-on development is required as part of the IT team, and you will fully test all systems before release.
You'll build project plans, manage costs and budgets and ensure the development roadmap is delivered on time. You will also engage with the business to create a positive and proactive approach to the companies IT development, engaging all staff and key stakeholders.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
To be responsible for researching, advising, implementing and managing the overall IT strategy, including the following specific activity:
• Manage the Application Development Roadmap and running of all IT business software systems. Assess business needs and validate priorities through robust business cases. This will include hands-on development as part of the IT team.
• Development and running of the Customer Database and Content Management systems
• Manage all relationships and performance levels with third party system providers, ensuring fit-for-purpose systems performing to required service levels
• Supply and support hardware and software required to support 50 head office users and 250 leaders, increasingly using a virtual server infrastructure. Includes provision of telephone, email, intranet and internet functionality.
• Compliance and business contingency management
• Deliver the Web Development Roadmap, supporting the business in scoping and prioritisation of all developments. Manage Web Development (in-house and out-sourced) through agile-style processes (design, function & booking path).
• Business Analysis, including assessing business processes to streamline and improve efficiency across the business.
• Project management of key business-wide developments
• Managing the IT team (currently three) and representing IT on the Management team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468290