Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer required to high growth technology company.
Your new role
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the business intelligence and analytics platform in the cloud. This will require configuration and setup of virtual private clouds, compute and storage services to host various applications, and support of this platform to ensure it supports the requirements of the business both now and into the future. In order to achieve this, some out of hours support will be required, on a rota system. This platform will need to be scalable, performant, robust and secure. It will also need to meet the needs of hundreds of globally located users.
- Familiar with automation technologies to build and deploy both infrastructure and applications (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
- Troubleshooting across storage and compute areas to determine optimal performance
- Set up and configuration of VPCs to ensure the platform is secure and efficient, and can be accessed by end users using a variety of tools. This includes access control, perimeter defences and intrusion detection.
- Particularly skilled and have a significant amount of experience in networking and sysadmin (linux) fundamentals, including private space IP address management, VPN and Direct Connect services.
- Knowledgeable on costing aspects including monitoring of cost, as well as strategies for minimizing cost (i.e. spot instances, etc.)
- Hybrid cloud architectures
- Adept at using and configuring monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios, VictorOps, CloudWatch).
- Familiar with distributed source code repositories, such as git
- Deep knowledge of high volume data processing techniques (i.e. Spark)
- Very familiar with data storage techniques, particularly S3.
- 2+ years working on AWS-related projects
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81465351