12 month FTC - Commercial / IP Solicitor
Our client is the world's largest trade publishing house comprising publishing lists that are second to none, including hundreds of the most widely-read and best- loved authors and brands.
Our client relies on the support, expertise and advice of their legal team - and they have a fantastic opportunity for a 4-5 year PQE Commercial Lawyer to join the team for a 12 month period. Working on combined group projects as the need arises, you will be responsible for a range of predominantly non-contentious commercial legal and business issues.
Your task will be to provide legal advice and practical support to the business on areas such as the following:
- Commercial distribution agreements
- General commercial agreements (joint ventures, framework agreements, collaboration agreements, facilities, services, merchandise licensing support and related agreements)
- Media agreements (content licensing, media rights, publicity and marketing agreements, promotions and competitions)
- IT and some digital development projects and agreements
- There may also be some involvement in property matters, regulatory compliance and competition law work and occasional corporate support required.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in commercial law with good drafting and negotiation abilities, excellent research skills, sound judgment, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will be enthusiastic and proactive with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team (you will work closely with a Senior Commercial lawyer in particular).
Previous experience in publishing and knowledge of intellectual property law is desirable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459852