Gi Group Doncaster are currently looking for an a results focused and dynamic Engineering manager on behalf of a standard setting manufacturing company with a large international presence.
As Engineering Manager you will report directly to the plant manager and will oversee a maintenance team that work across 3 rotating shifts.
Duties will include:-
* Coordinating and implementing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
* Carrying out reactive maintenance and breakdowns of plant and Equipment.
* Identifying improvement opportunities to ensure increased reliability.
* Leading implementation projects.
* Management of Infrastructure.
* Negotiation, placement and scheduling of subcontract services.
* Implementation of engineering work instructions and associated documentation.
* Where required delivering training to employees in maintenance related procedures and documentation
* Liaising with other departments as required on any issues or concerns.
* Ensuring that health, safety and environmental policy/guidelines are observed to maintain a safe working environment.
* Conducting and contributing to risk assessments.
* Coordinating and contributing to installation and validation of equipment and services.
* 5+ Years' experience in an engineering or maintenance leadership/ management role in a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Previous experience/ best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/ lean tools such as six Sigma, 5S, lean manufacturing to drive improvement
* Engineering based degree ideally in Mechanical, Metallurgical or materials Science
* I.t. literate, particularly MS Office.
* Strong leader who is motivated by results.
* Innovative and strategic thinker.
* Strong technical background in oil hydraulics, control systems, and generic mechanical and electrical systems.
* Conversant with problem solving tools, 5S, TPM and HSE systems;
* The ability to perform physical duties such as being able to safely lift up to 25kgs.
* Experience of Extrusion is desirable.
Right4Staff is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468756