DevOps Engineer - AWS/Docker/Linux
The BridgeIT are working with a leading organisation in the North East to recruit a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join a multi talented team where you practice "Infrastructure as code" and help with the design, deployment and administration of SaaS solutions. You will work as part of team that embraces new technology and will help you develop your skills on some of the latest technologies & processes. DevOps is an important part of delivering consistency and reliability at this scale. You will also be expected to help administer the systems day to day, working on maintenance tasks and dealing with problems.
You will work with some of the latest technology stacks, where most applications built have full stack implications with often unfamiliar technologies that you get your creative side bouncing.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will need the following experience
- Linux Systems Administration
- Knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g. Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, or similar tools).
- Experience around Internet architecture and Java server applications.
- Technical experience with applications hosted in AWS.
- Mentor less senior members
Some experienced seen as desirable for this role is
- NoSQL Databases, (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Understanding of SSL
- Solid understanding of DNS and Internet architecture
- ElasticSearch, Solr Cloud / Zookeeper Experience
- Java server applications Experience
- Load testing & benchmarking
- Understanding of CDN technologies
- AWS certification
If you are interested in progressing with this opportunity, the role offers up to £45,000 with an excellent bonus & pension scheme. Get in touch by applying to the advert with your CV or get in touch on 0113 386 8550 or .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81465898