Oxfordshire accountancy firm requires an experienced Accounts Senior to provide accountancy and tax services to an existing portfolio of clients.
My client is a very successful regional accountancy practice based in Banbury. They have experienced double digit growth in each of the last 5 years and now require an experienced Accounts Senior to join their team. The role will focus predominantly on smaller clients, which mainly comprise of owner managed businesses, sole traders and partnerships. The individual will join the team as one of the senior members and will therefore be expected to have strong technical knowledge and the ability to guide more junior team members.
- Prepare client accounts, tax, or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards
- Identify points for Partner to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software, CCH, Xero, Sage line 50, Farmplan, Compac and other bookkeeping queries as required
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Ability to prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
- In depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Preferably accounts experience within a Practice environment.
What's on offer:
- Competitive basic salary up to £39,000
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits.
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18609
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459968