CAE Development Engineer - Automotive Closure Systems
Our high profile client in the automotive industry is currently looking to recruit a ‘CAE Development Engineer’ to work at their busy site in Gaydon in the West Midlands.Position Description:
- Development of Closure Systems (Doors, Bonnet, Tailgates) and Closure Trim performance for Durability, NVH and Safety attributes using CAE methods to meet defined performance targets.
- Working with and supporting the Closures Doors and Lids COC teams with component design direction.
- Support design confirmation, conduct test support and test-to-CAE correlation.
- Operating in a small team, including support of planning and controlling delivery of work.
- Able to run baseline CAE analysis, summarise results and feedback conclusions to the component Lead Engineers in an efficient manner.
- Able to work effectively with design teams to develop solutions within defined deadlines and time constraints.
- Have an awareness of potential design constraints (packaging, manufacturing etc.) and ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions."
- Ability to carry out automotive component performance development using CAE techniques to meet defined performance targets and support design confirmation, conduct test support and test-to-CAE correlation.
- Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
- Previous experience of Durability, NVH and/or Safety (Bonnet Pedestrian) component/system level development using CAE to meet defined performance targets
- Competent in the use Abaqus explicit and/or implicit and Nastran/Optistruct/Dyna software and associated pre and post processing packages.
- Hyperworks ver. 13/14 for Pre/Post-Processing. (or Ansa/Metapost as a suitable alternative)
- Ability to work fast and accurately as a member of a small team.
- PC Skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstration of the knowledge and skills required.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry.
- Competent in automotive component development using engineering experience and CAE tools.
- Requires supervision and/or assistance only where the issues or situation faced is highly complex and/or business critical.
- Experience in other fields of development using Abaqus/Nastran/Optistruct/Dyna may be acceptable if combined with appropriate software skills.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent technical subject
- Use of Optistruct or similar software to develop solutions and optimise designs.
- Geometry creation in Catia.
- Excel macro programming.
- Familiarity and experience of automotive working practices relating to CAE methods and processes.
- Familiarity and experience of CAD, TCE & Digibuck
- Familiarity of automotive IT system
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted
*All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship or restriction
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467237