Engineering Intern - 12 month Internship
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy was formed following the merger of Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa in 2017. Together we are creating a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. We have installed capacity of 83GW worldwide, EUR11bn in revenue, an order backlog of EUR21bn and we operate in over 90 countries. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow, the talented undergraduates with the ambition to question beyond a textbook and drive to test themselves in the real world.
This role sits within the engineering team responsible for supporting the production teams to deliver on time our blades with the best quality.
Parts of our responsibilities are:
- Introducing new processes and equipment
- Improve current production systems using technical solutions
- Define and control documentation
- Create the product route in the factory
- Interact with customer regarding any technical topic.
You will use your skills in a challenging environment within our team in engineering. We require someone with enthusiasm, business experience and a willingness to adapt & facilitate change and improve every day.
What are my responsibilities?
As an Engineering Intern, your role will be to support the process and industrial Engineers in their daily activities to optimize and continually improve the blade production manufacturing processes in Hull. In addition to this, you will be given specific projects related to process improvement, equipment specification and continuous improvement.
Within this internship, training will be provided to you to ensure you have a comprehensive knowledge of both composite manufacturing and the production systems. Your development and capabilities will play a pivotal role in the success of the Hull facility growth projections of the factory.
Some of your duties will also include:
- Ensuring that correct tools and techniques are deployed within the manufacturing process.
- Take ownership of some projects
- Facilitate the development and deployment of new pre-manufacturing processes to support the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with Global Engineers based in Denmark and the rest of Siemens Gamesa Functions.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
You will have the following skills and experience to qualify as an Engineering Intern
- You must be studying for an Engineering Bachelor or Master's Degree
- Have some knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding or experience of Lean Manufacturing processes
- You will have excellent problem solving skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate within a team and across all levels, including customers, suppliers and external stakeholders.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to set priorities and manage to tight deadlines
- Ability to work methodically and independently where applicable
- An eagerness to learn and a can-do attitude
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81461756