Lead Engineer (Java/AWS/Microservices), £98,500
Harvey Nash have an outstanding opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to spearhead an ambitious transformation initiative for a key client in Bracknell.
The company have ambitious plans to grow its internal engineering capability, and have started their transition into the cloud moving away from legacy on premise technologies, making heavy use of K8, Serverless and NoSQL.
They now need an engineering practitioner to join the company and help them complete the microservices transition. You will be accountable for leading a team of cross functional engineers working in a DevOps model in a single location to create a digital platform that can deliver the customer experience that customers expect.
You will be expected to get your hands dirty in the code, but also help drive improvements to engineering standards in a collaborative way. It will be your responsibility to create (and lead) strong and successful engineering teams ensuring that they are as empowered and effective as possible.
You should relish the prospect of establishing a delivery orientated engineering competency, a vibrant and forward looking engineering culture and a growing reputation for engineering excellence.
- Provide senior representation of engineering in delivery decisions, making sure that the engineering competencies stay close to the delivery issues of the day as well as the laying down of foundational capabilities.
- Provide leadership for efforts to optimise engineering whilst delivering cross-engineering team coordination, ensuring that lines of communication are healthy ensuring that any issues arising as a result of executing agile at scale are handled effectively.
- Work collaboratively with Architecture to understand the technology roadmap and plan the technology skills roadmap to support this.
- Identify and implement industry best practice and developments including standards, methods and innovative ideas
- Ensure the team continually look for ways to improve ways of working
- Drive a culture where communication and the sharing of knowledge is valued Develop and encourage imaginative solutions and ways of approaching situations (including both business and technical aspects) without losing sight of the practicality and risk.
- Programming languages like OO and Functional e.g Java (preferred) / Scala / Kotlin
- Cloud technologies (AWS / GCP)
- NoSQL / RDBMS e.g Dynamo , Postgres
- Build tools e.g Gradle / Maven
- Architectural styles (RESTish, Micro services)
- Tooling (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Atlassian suite)
- Working practices - Knowledge and experience of agile frameworks and practices: Scrum/Kanban, BDD/TDD, DevOps, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming etc.
If this sounds like you and you have the ambition to be part of a great team, it would be great to have a chat. In reward for your skills, the company are offering a salary up to £98,500 + bonus and other great benefits.
Please submit your CV below and call Charlie at Harvey Nash on 0121 717 1961.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81462136