Project Engineer Fixed Telecoms
Project Engineer – Fixed Telecoms
My client currently has an opportunity for Project Engineer – Fixed Telecoms based out of London on a contract basis. As the Project Engineer – Fixed Telecoms undertakes the day to day responsibility for management and delivery of the engineering aspects of Fixed Telecoms tenders and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance. You will be reporting directly to the Project Engineering Manager (Fixed Telecoms)
Key Responsibilities will be to:-
- Deliver project engineering activities to agreed time scales and budgets to a quality as required for large multidisciplinary projects.
- Manage the engineering risk elements of Fixed Telecoms projects.
- Managing the engineering aspects of contract requirements for Fixed Telecoms projects.
- To be the engineering contact for interfaces external to the Fixed Telecoms team.
- Manage the internal interfaces for the telecoms discipline between design, implementation and testing teams.
- Manage engineering delivery tasks by effectively interfacing to both internal teams and external subcontractors.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecoms engineering team tasks including the management and allocation of resources and equipment in order to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Implement excellent verbal and numeric reasoning to positively influence both internal and external customers.
- Identify and manage project scope changes. Provide technical change management support to Project Managers.
- Regularly report Fixed Telecoms engineering team task progress and status.
- Provide engineering assurance and governance by demonstrating compliance with standards, processes, procedures and requirements.
- Lead the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering deliverables, resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with the client Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
- Maintain and develop their own professional competence and mentoring engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
Key Skills, Experience:-
- Strong leadership and Management of project engineering delivery of development / implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
- Proven experience of leading delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems engineering activities in the rail environment.
- Implementation and application of requirements management.
- Strong understanding and experience of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- System knowledge of: Copper Cable, Optical Fibre Cable, Lineside Cable Route, Transmission SDH and PDH, Network switches and routers, Modem Systems, Immunisation Systems, Signal Post, Telephone Concentrator Systems, PABX Telephony systems, Earthing Systems, Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point and various others.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem- solving skills.
Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
Chartered Engineer or equivalent status.
IRSE Telecoms Project Engineer/Engineering Manager Licence.
Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency.
Full UK Driving licence
Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge?
Do you want to be part of a company who is heading major projects?
This is a great opportunity for the right person
Do you have the skills, experience and the qualifications for this opportunity?
If the answer is yes; in order to be considered for this opportunity please forward your C.V. in the first instance to Farrah:- or call Farrah on to discuss this opportunity in more detail
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466267