Facilities Engineering Team Leader (Days)
Lead Facilities Engineer / Team leader (DAYS)
Our client is a European market leading retailer and there's never been a better time to join them - aggressive expansion including a very exciting new distribution site being built as we speak, in South Yorkshire.
Because of this new site build we want to employ a hands-on leading engineer, a Facilities Engineering Team Leader based at our distribution centre. The core hours will be standard days, 5 days per week, Mon-Fri but not restricted to.
The main aim of the role is to ensure that all electrical and mechanical site services are 100% available always, and to carry out planned preventative maintenance as well as reactive repairs to our site buildings. Your other responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to: -
- Be responsible for a small on-site Facilities team
- Ensuring that All Health & Safety requirements are adhered to Legislation and Company Policies
- Respond to breakdowns in a safe and timely manner
- Manage contractors and permits
- Communicate effectively with production about breakdowns and repairs
- Work within the Facilities team on improvements and projects
- The applicant may be required to undertake training at other sites within the group
- Minor building repairs
-Provide maintenance and planning expertise to assess, prepare and co-ordinate work schedules within area of expertise.
- Maintains and continues to evolve Preventive Maintenance Timeline and all service forms/record keeping Previous equipment maintenance and carpentry skills necessary. Ability to understand building maintenance needs
Requirements of the Role:
The suitable candidate can be mechanical or electrical by trade, ideally required to be 17th edition IEE regulations trained and be qualified to City and Guilds Level 2. You will also be proficient within Health & Safety legislation.
You will need to offer a high ability of flexibility and be able to work on your own as well as be a team player.
You need to be computer literate and be able to demonstrate good fault finding on electrical installations and equipment.
If you think you have the skills and inherent enthusiasm to deliver this challenging role, then we'd like to hear from you ASAP. This is an immediate permanent role we expect to recruit quickly.
As well as becoming part of a strong, fast-growing business, you'll get great training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, you'll enjoy 30 days' holiday (rising to 35 days after two years) and a pension, and discounts on all retail products.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468036