This role is to provide frontend development support to a range of clients, industries and Content Management Systems (CMS).
As well as be involved in creating beautiful frontend interfaces as part of new projects.
This role is to provide frontend development support to a range of clients, industries and Content Management Systems (CMS). As well as be involved in creating beautiful frontend interfaces as part of new projects.
Tasks will be distributed by Account/Project Managers and Senior Developers on a daily and weekly basis.
It is important for the person in this role to be organised, accurately logging their time against each task they are given, and having excellent personal time management.
This role is expected to advise on best development practices; and draw on previous experience to make realistic and commercially viable solutions to problems. This role needs to have a high level of understanding of the current industry trends.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of day-to-day activities that are involved in this role:
* Take part in Scrum style stand-ups
* Estimate and evaluate tickets
* Communicate solutions effectively to managers and other developers
* Follow instructions and recommendations made by senior developers or managers
* Develop new functionality and styling to W3C standards
* Iterate and improve on existing functionality and styling to W3C standards
* Commit work effectively to version control within the set framework
* Be responsible for your own list of tasks
* Communicate and advise designers on Responsive Redesign
The ideal candidate must have commercial experience in the following skills or have relevant transferable skills:
* Magento Frontend Developer Certified
* Demonstrable CMS Experience:
o Magento 1.x Frontend
o WordPress Frontend
* Full Magento theme development experience
* Magento features knowledge
* WordPress & Magento Integration Experience - basic
* HTML 5 - advance
* CSS 3 - advance
* jQuery - advance
* SASS/LESS pre-processing - advanced
* GULP/Grunt pre-processing - advanced
* SVN Version Control - advanced
* Responsive Design Principals and Reflow
* Frontend SEO best practices
* Microsoft Office (minimum: Word, Excel & Outlook)
* Multi-device & Multi-browser testing
A permanent opportunity working for a vibrant Digital Agency based in West London.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81460341