Exciting opportunity for an engineering manager or an ambitious engineer seeking progression to management to join a world leading automotive manufacturer. The company hold a market leading position and supply their products to a range of blue-chip customers. They have a global presence with sites in America, Asia, and Europe. The site in South Wales has benefited from an investment programme which has seen the business introduce innovative technology and new equipment to further improve the production process.
The organisation has a strong focus on process improvement and seek a like-minded engineering manager / engineer to manage the engineering and maintenance team. Reporting to the managing director, you would also be responsible for all maintenance activities, project management, new product introduction (NPI), and leading continuous improvement (CI) initiatives.
As the engineering manager, your duties would include:
- Managing all maintenance activities including the planned preventive maintenance (PPM) system.
- Leading continuous improvement / lean initiatives and implementing improvements.
- Project managing all new process installations.
- Managing the department budget.
- Leading the engineering team.
To be successful in your application for the engineering manager position, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Time served mechanical or electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- Project management experience including the installation of new production equipment and machinery.
- Automotive experience would be preferable; other industries will be considered.
- Experience of PLC / HMI diagnosis and resolution, machine automation and robotics would be preferable.
In return, you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience) + 25 holidays on top of the 8 bank holidays + pension scheme (5% matched).
If you are an engineering manager or engineer who is interested in this opportunity, then please click on the apply button.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81468050