CMM Programmer /Inspector
We have a new opportunity for an experienced CMM Inspector to join an established business in Tewkesbury as part of their inspection team.
The CMM Programmer/Inspector is responsible for operating and programming Mitutoyo CMM and inspection of all finished machined parts against the design intent. Additionally the CMM Programmer/Inspector is responsible for ensuring that products meet customer specifications and that production batch quantities are maintained.
• Writing detailed CMM programs to verify machined components to required specifications.
• Create short programs for small complex parts.
• Programming and Operating Mitutoyo CMM machine and recording of results.
• Read, interpret and understand Engineering drawings, standards, geometrical tolerances and surface finishes.
• Ensure that there are detailed Inspection Plans for all parts and that such plans are issue controlled; this includes CMM programs.
• To carry out First Article/First Off inspection for components that require going through the CMM.
• Conduct Stage inspections of detailed machined components.
• Using Measuring equipment to establish the specification of sizes, cylindricity and concentricity.
• Conduct and record routine inspection on production parts using CMM, projectors, micrometers, Vernier gauges, dial gauges and more.
• Interpreting the results obtained and convey the results to the Production team.
• Carrying out random Patrol Inspections.
• Confident decision-making to sign off parts.
• Carrying out inspections on time and in line with manufacturing process.
• Working closely with Production to ensure that quantities are met.
• Assist investigations into Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Reports (CARs) and customer complaints.
• Ensure that all inspection equipment, including CMMs, is maintained to a high standard and calibrated as necessary.
Skills and Experience required:
• Skilled CMM Inspector.
• Experience of Mitutoyo CMM Measuring (essential).
• Experience programming medium/large CMM machines.
• Extensive knowledge of PC-DMIS and CAD++.
• Experience working within a medical/aerospace industry (Desirable).
• Able to read and correctly interpret close tolerance engineering drawings and geometric tolerances (GDT).
• Experience using precision measuring equipment i.e. Mitutoyo Roundness Test, Micrometers, Vernier’s, Height Gauges, Micrometers and Shadow Graphs.
• High Level of Detection.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Comfortable working to deadlines and tolerances.
• Experienced working in a fast paced environment.
• Computer literate.
• Team player.
• Good attention to detail.
• Pride in work.
• Safe and efficient approach to work.
• Able to work to relevant H&S standards.
In addition to an excellent salary, the client offers a day shift Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm and Friday 8am - 1pm.
Secure, family owned business
Spot On Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467761