Our Banking client is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled DB2 DBA to join their Edinburgh based team for 6 months initial contract.
The successfully candidate will have previous banking experience as well as the following skills:
- Experience working within similar large corporate environments. In a similar role.
- Must have strong grounding in support of business critical global Production Systems and success in delivering projects in a high pressure Business atmosphere.
- Experience working with DB2 and related product sets. Extensive DB2 RBDMS skills in the mainframe environment - Data-sharing knowledge and experience is mandatory.
- Installation, management and production support of DB2 databases on mainframe z/OS.
- DB2 Connect and REXX programming experience.
- DB2 monitoring and tuning experience using Tracing, Omegamon, CA Insight and DB2 Performance Monitor or equivalent.
- batch scheduling experience in a mainframe DB2 environment (awareness of job complexity and dependencies).
- Experience working with either IBM Queue replication and/or SQL replication.
- Excellent database backup and recovery knowledge using IBM utilities and processes. Some exposure to BMC utilities preferred.
- Experience of large DB2 table design and implementations including LOBs and Partitioning.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting DB2 implementations using Websphere both on z/OS and distributed environments.
- Strong understanding and experience of DB2 security practices, including the use of external security (e.g. RACF).
Please note only candidates with previous banking experience can be considered for this role.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81465823