Salary: £28 - 40k, depending upon experience and qualifications
Full-time role preferred, but flexible
For immediate start
Our client is a disruptive business with a focus on spirit drinks. Alongside running a prize-winning distribution agency and owning a portfolio of incredibly popular drinks, they operate the United Kingdom’s premier booze retail website. Turnover in their most recent year was £40m and they were ranked as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in the UK in 2017. They don’t care who knows: they’re on a mission to revolutionise the industry.
They’re looking for an energetic, confident and intelligent lawyer to join our expanding legal team. They’re looking for candidates with hustle; lawyers who like to get things done.
Their spirit drinks win awards, their website is highly decorated, and they want the legal team to be recognised across the industry for excellence, too.
About the Commercial Lawyer:
The ideal candidate will have at least a couple of years’ real estate or employment PQE and a real desire to expand the breadth of their practice (or will already be working in house in a commercial environment). What’s that? You have other expertise but this sounds right up your street and you’re keen to learn? Let’s talk.
They want somebody who is technically curious and entrepreneurial in nature. Legal curveballs will be thrown from every direction. You’ll be supported with access to first class legal resources, but they won’t always provide the answers that you need. Your average legal job this is not.
You’ll report to Senior In-House Counsel, and will be expected to take some responsibility for training and supporting of the team.
As well as providing front-line support in respect of emerging legal issues, the successful Commercial Lawyer will be required to:
- Be a go-to legal eagle for the commercial teams within the business (think framing, negotiating and documenting commercial arrangements of every variety);
- Provide front-line support in connection with the development and maintenance of our growing real estate portfolio;
- Support the HR team in getting things right first time, every time; and
- Not be afraid to litigate when needs must (and secretly want to).
The ability to apply the law quickly, robustly and commercially is absolutely key.
You’ll also need:
- High intelligence and a fast, enquiring mind;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- To not be a dead-behind-the-eyes corporate drone;
- To not be afraid of getting your hands dirty when it’s all hands to the pump;
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, whilst holding your breath and upside-down;
- A forensic attention to detail (and an ardent love of pedantry);
- To be a great cultural fit for our growing, dynamic, international team; and
- To be a snappy dresser. Suits are anathema around here.
Why work for them?
Other than the standard benefits you expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) they also offer…
- Flexible working We’re focussed on productivity, not the clock. They’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work.
- Free food A hungry worker is not a happy worker. They stock their kitchens with what you need to get you through the day.
- Free fancy coffee George Clooney endorsed, no less...
- A relaxed working environment There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put them in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount on their world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? They got it covered.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Commercial Lawyer role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466210