Lead Developer - 80K - Winners of Best UK COmpany to Work for
A leading FinTech company based in the City of London are looking for a Lead Developer
They have a unique and enjoyable working culture consisting of flexible hours, working from home, regular team events, paid company trips abroad, funding for training/conferences, a modern open plan office and free daily breakfast and regular snacks.
In fact, they have twice won the Sunday Times 'Best 100 Companies to Work for' award in recent years (!) due their flexible and enjoyable working culture.
The client use technology and bleeding-edge data capability to create the best possible experience for small businesses seeking insurance. This is via their award winning online price comparison / brokerage platform built by their best-in-class tech team.
The client use Ruby, but they are technology agnostic when hiring so experience with Java, PHP, C# etc are all welcome! Experience with Ruby is not required.
Some things my client believe in:
- Continuous delivery (the team deploy code to production about 14 times a day on average)
- Small autonomous multi-disciplinary teams where business and tech are collaborating closely (our product owners even write code!)
- Following Agile and Lean Startup methodologies
- TDD, BDD and fostering a strong DevOps culture.
- Thought leadership - my client host meetup groups and present talks in their office and the community.
- Creating the best company in the world to work for
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we build
- Data driven decision making
- Continuous improvement
The role be taking the lead on the companies 'Discovery Team' and their mission is to increase the number of customers through the sales channels. They are all about running experiments to increase conversion and engagement by building and testing new features early and pivoting/persevering depending on what their customers are responding to (and they have a sophisticated data architecture/pipeline and which allows the team to get clean data/insight to help drive decisions). It's a project team focused on continuous innovation! The team operate within an agile and 'Build-Measure-Learn' philosophy.
- Embedding within the team which consists of 3-5 developers, a tester and a Product Owner (& other business stakeholders) and leading the team from a technical and delivery perspective - this team are all
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working and driving their implementation across the team
- Identifying and removing blockers within the team
- Being hands-on with code using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies (the role is a mix between leading and being hands-on yourself with code)
- Initiating technical discussions when needed and suggesting suitable design techniques
- Mentoring members of the team where needed and supporting their development
- Ensuring delivery is flowing harmoniously within the project
- Championing Agile methodologies across the team
- Working closely with Product Owners to define requirements, highlight risks and prioritise tasks/stories
Skills and behaviours required:
- Previous experience leading a team of Developers
- Strong programming skills in any language. My client look for strong Engineers and their philosophy is that a strong Engineer is not defined by the technologies they use; therefore Ruby experience is not essential. You’ll just need to be happy to cross-over to Ruby if you join – and my client will support you with that.
- Willingness to challenge! My client love people who come in and can challenge and raise questions to help them improve.
- An advocate of engineering best practices.
- Proven experience of implementing new tools, processes and technologies in previous role and being able to explain how & why
- Strong previous experience working closely with business/product teams and collaborating
Tech Stack (experience with Ruby or this tech stack is NOT requiredto apply as the client are technology agnostic when hiring - it's a great opportunity to learn a new stack!):
The client offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- 25 days holiday (can increase to 30)
- Life insurance
- 5% Pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- Dental cover
- Extra holidays
- Money back on daily well-being costs (massage, contact lenses etc)
- A fun & social working environment
- The opportunity to work with a best-in-class team who are at the forefront of tech providing thought leadership and hosting meetup groups in their office and presenting talks in the community
- Paid company trips abroad
- Career development - funding for conferences / training
- Free daily breakfast, snacks & hot & cold drinks
Our client are based in Bank, City of London.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we unfortunately cannot respond to each applicant with individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Our client are hiring ASAP - please apply now and you will get a callback or email from our team to discuss within 24 hours should your CV be suitable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467662