Company accountant - Junior
Gluck Holdings Limited is composed of four complimentary, but distinct businesses, which all operate in the field of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) including The Marion Gluck Clinic, The Specialist Pharmacy, The Marion Gluck Training Academy and The Marion Gluck Associates. Consistent with the desire for towards closer integration to drive operational transparency and excellence across each of the units, as well as to help them achieve their common goals, the Company is recruiting for a Company Accountant.
The role is within the Financial Accounts department, reporting to the Finance Director
This role allows for involvement in all aspects of financial reporting, with exposure to both financial and management accounts. It also offers the opportunity to review current processes and procedures and propose improvements.
1 Analysis and accounting for Revenues in each of the Companies and correct accounting thereof including deferred revenues.
2 Collection & processing of Payments, Merchant Charges & bad debt write-offs (if any), complete with graphical analysis & commentary.
3. Monthly reconciliation of trade debtor and trade creditor accounts, review of suspense accounts and other balance sheet accounts for review. Month end journal posting for deferred income, accruals and prepayments.
4. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information including:•Documents financial transactions by entering account information.•Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.•Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.•Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.•Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.•Responsibility for the Accounts Payables, reporting and their processes. With ad-hoc queries, bank reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations.•Monthly review of new general ledger accounts to ensure they are correctly set-up. Maintain the monthly reconciliation listing for all reconciliations across the company.
5. Responsibility for a variety of tax reconciliations including preparation of PAYE PSA settlement agreement calculations, monthly reconciliation of VAT reports to the general ledger, preparation of the quarterly VAT return for HMRC submission
6 Maintaining a Fixed Asset Register in each Company.
7.Weekly preparation of forward 3 months cashflow
8.Preparation for year end audit and provide explanations to external accountants when required.
9. Support the team and General Manager with Subsidiary balance sheet preparation, bank reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations, as well as other ad-hoc duties as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Ability to work with large volumes of data ensuring compliance and accuracy at a detailed level while still being able to provide a high-level review of movements.
Suitable for a candidate with or working towards a recognized accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA).
Work independently ensuring fit for purpose processes, reporting, controls and training etc.
Requires good teamwork and communication with all members of the Company functional teams, the wider business and some external contacts (e.g. Council contacts, suppliers). Workloads can be self-scheduled on a daily basis as long as key deliverables set out above are achieved.
Deadline focused role, with many of the activities requiring completion to set timelines (for example, HMRC deadlines).
Education / Qualifications
Strong academic record
- Proven exam success with a recognised accountancy qualification body (ACCA/CIMA), or working towards full qualification
- Past experience of working in a large diverse team would be advantageousRelevant prior experience in a financial accounts department
- Highly competent in Microsoft excel, word and outlook, this includes the use of data manipulation via look ups and pivotsDeep knowledge of XeroUse of ERP systems would be advantageous (Microsoft Dynamics)
Skills and Behaviors
- Motivated team playerConscientiousStrong communicatorProblem solverFlexible to changes in working practices and processes
- Ability to confidently and competently work with both internal and external stakeholdersWorks well under pressureStrives to exceed goals and targets
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and real career progression.
ACCA,CIMA, Finance, Accounts, Financial Accountant, Part Qualified
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466693