Java Developer - DV Cleared - Security
Job Role: Java Developer / Software Developer - DV Cleared
Duration: 12 Months
Daily Rate: £450-£550 - several levels
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Software Developer (Enterprise Java) - DV - Contract - West London - Around £500 per day
Our client is seeking a Software Developer to be a part of their programme engineering team to deliver mission critical applications within the COTS and bespoke software baseline. Dedicated development, test and integration environments are available to support problem investigation and resolution as well as distribution of new software releases.
This role offers a skilled and motivated Software Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Defence Intelligence Engineering team. The successful candidate will find themselves working on programmes at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, lifecycle from requirements analysis through to design, build, test and acceptance into live service, gaining experience and an understanding of how Engineering and our client operate.
- Software Developpment using Enterprise Java
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert as part of a 4th tier resolver group to analyse and resolve system defects in response to service requests, incidents, problems and events.
- Validating and verifying the design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors.
- Provide input to configuration, safety and quality management as appropriate.
- Document design and advise on product support material.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer problems.
- Lead continuous technical improvement and re-architecting activities provide support to remote sites and REGO as required.
- Good experience and understanding of software and systems engineering principles and lifecycle.
- Expertise in Java and J2EE development - specifically with web application development.
- Demonstrate high competency in use of software patterns.
- Demonstrable experience in software architecture and design.
- Experience working with XML through Java.
- Oracle 10g/11g: experience of programming in PL/SQL and Java.
- Skilled in problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of large complex secure systems.
- Experience of designing, implementing and using secure Web services.
- Experience developing with JavaServer Faces.
Java Developer - SC Cleared, Defence & Security
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467553