Process & Project Engineer
Process & Project Engineer
Days, Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
FMCG Food Manufacturer. Coleraine, County Londonderry
A leading blue chip food manufacturer is seeking an experienced Process & Project Engineer to join their growing business. Reporting to the Engineering Manager on site, this role will be responsible for supporting projects and process improvement projects within the manufacturing environment, working closely with Operations, Production and Quality Assurance leaders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee general process implementation projects including management of external resources, budget and schedule. Collaborate with Engineering and Operations colleagues to deliver the projects with minimal disruption to production operations.
- Review existing manufacturing lines for process improvements, efficiency gains, and safety. Tasks may include, daily process monitoring, trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel
- Support manufacturing line relocations and plant consolidations/start-ups.
- Develop process flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and layout diagrams necessary to ensure installations are carried out according to project requirements. Calculate line speeds, rates, and throughput and ensure all designs take account of these key operations parameters.
- Generation and implementation of design, construction and operational documentation for new equipment/manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that production lines are built to EHEDG/3A standards and facilities are modified or built in line with company Sanitary Standards.
- Provide preliminary cost estimates and scope development for future projects.
- Selection and standardisation of technology, equipment and spare parts.
- Source new technological developments within the food industry and present the business benefits to the business leadership team
- Ensure that projects are managed and run with full compliance to health & safety, food hygiene and Quality standards and in accordance with company procedures
- Degree in Mechanical, Process or Product Engineering.
- 4+ years direct work experience in a process engineering role within the food or similar industry.
- Demonstrated project management skills and confident in project management software
- Experience of Atex, Machinery and Pressure Directives desirable.
- Electrical, instrument and automation knowledge/experience.
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organisation
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own time to good effect
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81461213