Senior Embedded Software Specialist (Some Customer Interface)
Renesas, the world's leading microcontroller vendor is seeking an Embedded Software Specialist to join our Applications Engineering team in the Bourne End UK Office, mainly focusing on our Synergy product line.
- Become subject matter expert for specific applications of our flagship Synergy product line
- Develop solution demonstrators from which application notes and customer self-help materials can be developed.
- Monitor and contribute to the Renesas Synergy on line support forums and chat function.
- Log and keep records of customer queries, looking for trends and underlying problems.
- Help customers to install development platforms / solution kits and clarify / resolve hardware/software problems.
- Providing support to deliver training material to internal teams (Field Applications Engeers etc).
- Occasional customer visits with field engineers as the subject matter specialist to help with more complex problems
- Graduate in electronic engineering, applied computer science or equivalent.
- An interest and good knowledge in Microcontrollers and low level Embedded Software design.
- An interest and enthusiasm for Electronics as well as experience in software development
- Any experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), and associated middleware and application SW technology would be beneficial.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken.)
- Valid and existing residence and work permit for the United Kingdom
We have some flexibility regarding the level for this hire, so we are interested to receive applications from candidates at all career levels from Junior Engineer up to Staff Engineer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459788