Position: IT Analyst
Location: Gatwick Airport
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 30th May 2018
** TO BE SUCCESFUL FOR THIS VACANCY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACQUIRE AN AIR-SIDE PASS AND CONDUCT A DBS CHECK **
** AIRSIDE PASS REQUIRES 5 YEARS OF REFERENCING **
For the role of IT Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring that you are Responsible for providing IT support to a single site within a Business unit supporting the business needs of today and the future. You will be providing site IT support for the operational site and customer liaison for all IT services impacting the site.
Successful delivery for IT solutions will include the coordination of central IT functions and coordinating and communicating with site operational colleagues. This will include local change management and incident coordination. A key component of the role will be to play an active part in IT project delivery for the site, act as a site IT SME providing end user service to enable the effective use of IT.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* To ensure that the required levels of IT Service are provided both to the internal and external customers by the efficient use of the resources and the co-ordination of all functions.
* To be the 1st line support for all site infrastructure and application issues and if the issue cannot be resolved on site then to escalate to senior IT Management as necessary and assist in liaising with the helpdesk/supplier though to the successful closure of the issue.
* Provide systems expertise.
* Assist and in some cases give training to end users prior to use. Maintain all IT training documentation on site.
* Coordinate and report progress on changes to site infrastructure and applications to the IT Manager.
* Control site Issues log for all IT Issues, ensuring that issues are tracked, reported and resolved.
* Coordinate and control all site software releases, e.g. application releases onto the test machine, creating and executing test scripts such that the new release can be signed off, coordinating when releases are transferred from test to live and supporting any additional training has been conducted prior to release.
* Analyse and recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures to enhance accuracy and operational effectiveness
* Put in place procedures to monitor and minimise system outages
* Perform routine data maintenance
* Follow defined processes to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and local legal obligations
* Supports in the communication of all relevant DPDHL policies to frontline employees and monitor on a regular basis
* Perform and coordinate the adherence to up to date processes, work instructions, standard operating procedures and associated forms to achieve prescribed outputs
* Make recommendations to line manager to continuously improve the procedures to better achieve the prescribed outputs
* Execute customer requirements in line with DPDHL policy
* Contribute to customer, regulatory and internal operational audits as required and support the implementation of the agreed action plan
* Assist IT Manager in managing suppliers to their SLAs
* Assist IT Manager in managing and maintaining all Site IT documentation
* Support on-going development of statistical reporting processes
* Provide rotational IT Out of Hours support with the IT team for priority 1 Site based issues
* Respond to or escalate customer issues within clear guidelines and recommend solutions
* Support management implement continuous improvement activities
* Suggest local changes affecting the work or team to line manager to further support continuous improvement
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Working in an IT environment with familiarity of operational systems including labour planning/management and real-time task allocation.
* Previous IT Desktop Support background & experience
* Experience working in inventory environment
* Good stakeholder management experience
* Good verbal & written communications skills
* Project Management
* A level and above required
* IT related degree or equivalent
* IT Technical Training or Qualification
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466061