Accountant required to join a small engineering contractor who are rapdily growing, looking for you to join them on site in Central London!
This is a perfect opportunity to develop with the Rail & Civil Engineering industry working on not just any old project, but on the largest Rail project in Europe!!Hours: 8am to 5:30pm
Role and Responsibilities
- Timely processing of purchase invoices, preparing and maintaining invoice logs, regular communication with sector for authorisation of invoices
- Working closely with the client accountant, understanding the coding of invoices and eventually coding accruals and reconciling the coding for accruals and the actual invoices
- Raising and processing sales invoices, maintaining sales invoice register
- Detailed vendor and customer account reconciliation
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Input invoices into payment list and submit for approval
- Actively participate in month-end and year-end reporting
- Assisting client accountant on an ad hoc basis
- Understand process shortfall and actively seek process improvements
- Previous experience working in a similar industry - rail, civil engineering, construction
- Experience working in the commercial sector - commercial administration, assistant / junior QS level
- Be technically strong and efficient user of Microsoft Office Packages inc Excel
- Good attention to detail
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81458865