Systems Administrator - Cloud, Virtualisation, Linux
Wanted - System Administrator (Cloud, Virtualisation, Linux) - Brighton & Hove
About this role:-
You would be a valuable member of a team that delivers support, maintenance and architecture services to a range of clients and systems. The nature of the work is varied and you may find yourself taking the lead role on one or more projects as well as providing general systems support. We value learning and development and encourage each other to discover and work with unfamiliar technologies.
Areas you might work in as part of this team are:-
* Virtualisation and Cloud technologies (including modern Cloud environments and libvirt based traditional virtualisation)
* Diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems
* Administering production Ubuntu Linux systems
* Open source software web servers and software databases
* Datacentre networking environments
* Deploying software in a scalable, secure and maintainable manner
Skills and experience you will have:-
You will be familiar with Linux and the core command line tools, either from a System Administration or Operations role or personal use (if this is the case please outline your experience in your cover letter).
You will definitely need:
* Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and work in a team
* Be organised and able to adapt in a fast moving, busy environment
* Experience working exclusively in Linux environments.
"Nice to Haves" would be experience of working with as many of the following as possible so if they're not on your CV, do add them:-
* AWS, Azure or Catalyst Cloud (openstack)
* Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
* Docker, KVM
* PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB
* Redis, Memcached
* Nginx, HA Proxy, Apache
* Python, Bash, Git
* Open Compute hardware
You can be assured that your commitment and hard work will be rewarded with a very fair wage and every opportunity to develop and grow your skills.
Friday afternoons include time to relax, bounce ideas off your colleagues and generally celebrate the team's achievements.
On top of this there's health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty of training opportunities and all in a cool environment.
£40-60k depending on experience.
We look forward to receiving your CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81466473