Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: South-West London
Salary/Rate: Up to £55,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or willing to undergo
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - South-West London - Up to £55,000
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at our site in South-West London.
- Carrying out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluating and selecting technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Preparing specifications, developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Acting as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, resolving relatively complex problems and issues and maintaining awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Participating fully in capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing software for the Shared Infrastructure system with particular focus on the Common Console aspects
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids
Skills / Experience:
- Systems engineering experience
- Strong knowledge and experience using VMware
- Experience using the following technologies; vGPU technology, VNC, RDP, RemoteApp and PcoIP
- PowerShell Scripting and Automation experience
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464576