Software Engineering Assets Manager
Job Role: Software Engineering Assets Manager
Salary/Rate: Competitive Salary
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Software Engineering Assets Manager - Permanent - Hampshire - Competitive Salary
Would you like to have the opportunity to apply your software engineering expertise to develop mission-critical engineering excellence that has real business impact? Our client currently has a vacancy in Hampshire for an experienced software engineer to work on the development and deployment of Next Generation process, practice and tool strategies for the software engineering discipline across the whole of the company enterprise.
As the Software Engineering Assets Manager, you will work as part of a functional engineering team, to develop and implement software engineering strategy and further the discipline across the Maritime enterprise. You will need to demonstrate key skills and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to management and peers.
In return, this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your engineering and management skills further within a supportive team environment across a diverse and technically challenging range of projects and products.
- Planning and delivering the development and deployment of Software Engineering Assets across the Maritime enterprise
- Incorporating good and best practice for software and related engineering activities within the asset set using evidence-based approaches
- Ensuring the software engineering assets conform to international standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207:2017 and BS EN ISO 9001:2015
- The deployment of software engineering assets within the Maritime enterprise
- Supporting project and product teams to adopt and utilise software engineering assets effectively and efficiently
- Defining and delivering analytics services to project and product teams to help drive efficiency and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Developing and maintaining components for the software engineering assets set
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- You will either already be a Chartered professional or be prepared to work towards achieving registration through an Engineering Council licensed institution
- You will have knowledge and experience of large-scale engineering software, preferably with exposure to applications where safety and security aspects are significant considerations
- You will be able to evidence knowledge and experience across a range of software engineering methodologies, techniques and practices
- You will be a committed and self-motivated individual, with the ability to motivate others
- Open to diversity of thought and experience you will be prepared to challenge constructively while seeking to achieve consensus
- You will be able to work to deadlines, irrespective of whether autonomously or collaboratively
- You will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan
- Also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464577