Senior Test Analyst - Wilmslow, £40,000
Senior Test Analyst
My client is one of the UK's largest financial services organisations. Their aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider in the eyes of their customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Test Analyst to join their testing team based in Wilmslow. The successful candidate will be responsible for systems testing and user acceptance testing of all new functionality and business as usual change to a variety of business systems. You will provide a quality gate prior to their deployment to the production environment and will take ownership of the negotiation of test approaches & test coverage with the business, being accountable for the execution of tests within agreed timescales.
- Manage the approval of the test approach design and execution
- Develop an effective working relationship with the business, developers and operational support areas
- Develop High Level Test Cases which are signed off by the change owners
- Develop Detailed Test Cases that are effective in highlighting defects, should they exist
- Execution of specified test cases in a timely fashion
- Use of test automation tools for execution
Knowledge, skills and experience desired:
- An excellent understanding of the principles of software testing
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and test approaches
- Experienced in breaking down complex designs into smaller, manageable areas to test
- A good knowledge of test automation and how it can be used to its best effect
- Extensive experience of Test Design; Execution; Defect Management across a number of projects
- Experienced in reporting progress, risks and issues in a timely manner to management
- Experience of Testing Mobile devices
- Strong problem solving & communication skills
- A meticulous & thorough approach to work
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different timelines and work schedules
- Excellent planning skills and ability to co-ordinate testing activities
- Ability to manage your own time and tasks assigned to others
- Ability to automate tests where appropriate
- Any Financial Services experience is desirable.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Liam Weaver on or call 0161 457 1206
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81459654